Sunday, January 05, 2014

Design Team Delights for Challenge #8

Sorry, I am a bit later than usual getting this post out.  Blogger is having a mind of its own right now and decided to be rather uncooperative!

We had another great turnout for Challenge #8 and it is time for my incredible Design Team to share their choices with you, regarding their favourites of the bunch.  As always, in each challenge you, the readers, get to voice your opinion by voting for your favourite and so it is only fitting that my Design Team get to do so as well.  That is why we have a special DT Delights post just before we launch the new challenge.

Once again, thanks to all of you who took the time to join along our Path during the month of November for Challenge #8.   While it was definitely a difficult decision, each team member found something special in a different creation this time around.  You guys certainly don't make it easy, I know that a few of us were torn between certain creations, they were all just so good...
Lynda--chosen by Vicky...
Vicky had this to say:
"My DT favorite would be Lynda because she's acknowledging her 4 legged friends and we tend to forget them when we are thankful that they really do bring a lot of happiness to us."

To see the details of Lynda's card and read more of what she had to say, click HERE.
Pat--chosen by Desíre...
Since Pat wasn't part of the team during Challenge 8 back in November, she was still in the running for both the top seven and of course for a DT Delight if someone was rather moved by her project.  Well, Desíre definitely was.  In particular, she was moved by what Pat had to say in her post which reflected on why Pat was thankful for her grandmother, who is still alive at the age of 103.  After providing a description of her and her current ailments Pat goes on to talk about the reasons she is so thankful for her grandmother:
"She is the woman who crawled around on the ground with me when I was a toddler, who hand-sewed Barbie clothes, and played board games as I grew older . She let us climb her Queen Anne cherry tree and pick the fruit off the tree, sometimes not leaving any to bring back down for her. We baked bread and sweet rolls together, shared family recipes, and she taught me to sew on her Singer (1929 with the knee paddle). I learned how to crochet and needlepoint and make French knots and cross stitches from her. Drive-in movies, Christmas dinners, catching lightning bugs, hugs and kisses and special treats…
Sometimes  it’s difficult to bring up that vibrant, laughing woman who reigned as a  true matriarch of the family, especially when I see her today in the hospital, confused, scared, not able to stand by herself or take care of  personal hygiene. That’s when her legacy really kicks in. When you are loved all your life so unconditionally, you instinctively return that love and care a hundredfold. Just as she held me and washed me and was unendingly patient with me, so I must be with her. Not out of a sense of  duty, although she did instill that in me; no, it is out of a sense of unconditional love returned…and a sense of gratitude for all the many years I have had her in my life.  So in celebration of my grandma, I made a mixed media canvas a few months back to remind me that while she and everyone else grows into old age, in my heart SHE is forever young.”


To see the details of Pat's mixed media creation and read more of what she had to say, click HERE.
Donna--chosen by Suze... 
This is what Suze had to say:

"Being a CAS girl who struggles with fru-fru cards, I really admire those that can pull it off as well as this one!"

To see the details of Donna's card and read more of what she had to say, click HERE.
Mandy--chosen by Sandy...  
Here is what Sandy had to say: 
"The project that was most  inspiring for me is #44 Mandy – wow- there is so much in her post and you are riveted in your seat.  She is so brave, strong and truly an inspiration."

To read Mandy's inspiring post, click HERE.
Denise--chosen by Pat...
Okay, so while Pat wasn't technically part of the team during challenge #8 which allowed her creations to be in the running, she was officially part of the team when it came time to choose a DT Delight.  Therefore, we thought we would have her get her feet wet and start off with telling you all about her favourite creation from November.

This is what Pat had to say:
"My vote for most inspiring goes to Denise.  I  like people who can be honest not only in what they say but what they do.  I think many crafters can be thankful that she shows beautifully that scrapping less-than-perfect photos of her family is "perfectly" alright-the important thing is to get those memories scrapped! I liked what Denise wrote:"
"November is a busy month, but I think it's important for my family to make time and acknowledge how blessed we are. We have so many blessings in our lives and so much to be thankful for. So I created a very quick and easy scrapbook album where we could record our thoughts this year and which would serve as a keepsake in the years to come…So many photos I snap up with my phone are not awesome, but yet still really encapsulate a sweet family moment…I didn't spend a whole lot of time trying to make the pages picture perfect and fancy because really, it's the journaling and pictures that will make this so precious in the years to come."
To see the details of Denise's scrapbooking creation and read more of what she had to say, click HERE.
D~ --chosen by Lisa (that's me)...
I loved reading D~'s long list of thank yous to the special people in her life.   Many of us are so blessed in this life and it is wonderful to see when people share the gratitude they have in their heart for the individuals that mean the most to them.  D~ did just that giving a special thank you to a number of special individuals.  I was very grateful that D~ decided to share this with us over here on the Path of Positivity.

To read D~'s thankful post, click HERE.

 Creative Congratulations to all of you!


Thank you to everyone who played on our Pathway during the month of November.  We were truly captivated by all the wonderful entries that came into the challenge.  The time and energy that went into each of these creations is evident.  Now if you were chosen as a DT Delight, then we have a special treat for you.   Not only are you eligible for a special DT Delight badge, we will also be having a draw at the end of our first year for a special package of digital goodies.  So, if you are chosen as a DT Delight during any of our challenges, your name will be entered into the draw.  You get one entry per choice; so, if two members picked your card, you will earn 2 entries, three members 3 entries, etc.  The draw will take place around the anniversary of when the Path of Positivity came into existence which will put the draw date sometime in April 2014.  The winner at the time will be notified by email.  In the interim you are more than welcome to copy your framed card above and add it to your blog to share with all your readers; and, don't forget to EMAIL ME for a copy of the special Challenge #8 DT Delight Badge.  I'm always running a bit behind these days so your patience is appreciated.

Thank you for stopping by today.  We hope that you will join us again tomorrow to learn what the newest theme for Challenge #10 will be.





\

4 comments:

D- said...

Thank you so much for the sweet DT Delight Pick honor.
I appreciate having a place that highlights positive things in our life.
Your inspirational challenges help us to remember those things and include them in our art.
Crafty hugs.
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Desire Fourie said...

Loads of inspirational delights hete.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Thank you so much Vicky for picking my card! I am so excited to show the badge on my blog!!!

Donna Ellis said...

Thank you, Suze, and congratulations to everyone. Other than the obvious about PoP, I love that the submissions are so far-reaching - all kinds of submissions - thank you for hosting the challenge every month! hugs, de